Sunday, March 29, 2009

Quick breath...and hold...

Well, we're still here, we're still dry, we're still holding our breath. The neighbors are back, the river is dropping (for now), a couple of nights of straight rest (a little longer, but not much), and I think a little hint of order is well overdue. I'm still going to conserve on the water, but things just need to get done. I actually washed a load of dishes last night and everyone has had a bath/shower within the last 12 hours - long overdue. Laundry is next on the list. I'll have to do one load at a time, instead of my 4-5 in a day, and see how the drains handle it. I don't want to overload our system since the city's system is overwhelmed. It's kind of like eating after being sick. One little bite a time until it all seems to stay down, then a little more, then wait. Kind of a weird analogy, I know, but you get the picture.

Speaking of pictures, I have loaded a bunch onto my facebook page. It is easier to do the mass download there for now. Most of my comentary is on this blog, since it is easier to do that here.

There have been a few more breeches in the dikes on both the Moorhead and the Fargo sides of the river, but the contingency dikes put in place are still holding. It's sad to see the loss of one battle, but the war is not over. We are all staying to fight the Red until one of us wins - and may I dare say we're not going to budge.

No comments: